In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have put a number of added health and safety procedures into place at our centre. While there may be additional safety protocols required by regional public health authorities, the following outlines procedures that will be practiced at ACE.
Upon arrival, Management will greet children and parents to administer a brief questionnaire (active symptom screening) as well as conduct a temperature check. Parents will not be allowed to enter the program
Children and staff will wash their hands upon entering the classroom and regularly throughout the day
Playground and gym equipment will be sanitized between each cohort’s use of the space. All surfaces will be sanitized in the rooms and washrooms every 2 hours minimum. Regular end of day commercial cleaning by a contracted company will continue.
For more information around our procedures please download the document below.
ACE has put in place the following drop off and pick up protocol to reduce congestion and support the physical distancing required by public health at this time. ACE asks that families, at both drop off and pick up, please follow these guidelines.
Entering / Exiting ACE’s Facility:
• Arrive at the main gate from the street level (this is the door that is part of the fence surrounding the playground). If you need a reminder of the code for the number lock please contact management.
• Rooms 2, 3, and 4 families, please proceed to the main indoor entrance. We ask that only one family be in that space at a time. If there are other families before you please maintain physical distancing while waiting. There are visual markers on the playground floor to remind you.
• Room 1 families please proceed to use the Room 1 exterior entrance that is to the left as you enter the playground from the street.
• Once you have dropped off or picked up your kids, please exit through the indoor stairwell just to the right of the main entrance up to the lobby of City Hall. This stairwell, which has the pink kid’s handrail, will be used as a one - way exit as it is narrow.
• Room 1 families can exit out the main entrance of the playground if using the indoor stairwell exit option would cause congestion with waiting Room 2, 3 and 4 families. The main entrance may also be used as an exit for those who have challenges with using stairs. If using this option, please remember to maintain physical distancing by waiting until the entrance is clear to exit.
Entering / Exiting City Hall Lobby:
• At this time ACE families are able to use the main City Hall parkade during pick up and drop off. If you are accessing ACE by using this parkade please note that the doors by Good Earth are currently locked and require key card access to open. If you do not have an employee key card please buzz the intercom and advise Corporate Security that you are accessing the daycare and they will buzz you in.
• You can access the street level entrance to ACE from the City Hall lobby by using the back lobby doors just to the right of the elevator banks (by the ATM). There is a red “exit” button on the wall to the left of the doors that allows the far-left door to be unlocked for exiting the building. This leads down the back SE staircase of City Hall to the street where you can access the entrance to ACE or proceed to the LRT station.